We asked Long Beach Patch Facebook readers on Thursday to comment on the following question: “It's a new year and a chance for improvements. What changes do you want to see in Long Beach?”Here’s a wish list for 2014:
- I'd like to c a gas station that sells gas a little cheaper! Seems that if I drive to Island park, Oceanside or Freeport I can save 10 to 20 cents per gallon! Not a lot but it does add up!!
- Fix the streets!
- I would like our elected officials to rally in support of their displaced citizens to help them get the funding they have been promised by FEMA and NFI and NY RISING. Until everyone is back in their homes LB will not thrive. Support funding for mitigation. Safe homes are elevated homes.
- Definitely fix the potholes! They're filled and within a few weeks open again. Also the double parking on park Ave is ridiculous. The police always say they're going to cut it down but it hasn’t. Especially near Gino’s.
- #1 is to get the hospital open. Until that happens, anything else is secondary.
- Quiksilver Pro! The city needs revenue!
- I would [like] a solution to parking problems residents face especially on Shore Rd. Sick of being a hostage after 5.
- Rid the place of corruption!
What's on your 2014 wish list for Long Beach? Post a reply in the comment box below.