Long Beach Patch trekked around to various places in the city recently to ask people a simple seasonal question: What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Here are some of the answers we received:
- "I'm thankful I'm fine after my car accident this year." ~ Arnold Argueta, barista at Paninis & Bikinis
- "I'm thankful for my health, that I'm a two-time cancer survivor, that my children are in tact, for my son who just came home from the Marines, and I'm thankful for this great country." ~ Judy McBride, hair stylist at The Station
- "I'm thankful for my daughter Karleigh." ~ Margaret Capobianco, librarian at Long Beach Public Library
- "I'm thankful for the first time in a long time my family is all together." ~ Meri Vallo, Long Beach resident
- "I'm thankful for creative inspirations." ~ Lindsay Vallo, Long Beach resident
- "I'm thankful for my beautiful family, dear friends, and the families I'm fortunate enough to care for." ~ Dr. Matt Cohen, pediatrician
- "I'm thankful for my family and for having a job. I've never seen anything like this before. I'm blessed to be working." ~ Kenny Minor, Waldbaum's employee
- "I'm thankful for my job and my health — the usual things. But I'm also thankful that nobody I know is sick." ~ Gary Johanning, owner of Park Avenue Wine Shop.
- "I'm thankful for the nice mild weather this year." ~ Winsome Parchment, cook at Waldbaum's delicatessen
- "I'm thankful for my friends and family." ~ Sienna Hornberger, a 3-year-old Long Beach resident.
- "I'm thankful for my health, my family, our business and that the locals supports us. We wouldn't be a business without them." ~ Cassandra Bolivar, manager of Long Beach Craft & Variety