The city's list details what residents should and shouldn't be doing at the current point in time.
Here is what was announced:
- We are in the assessment and recover phase.
- Residents must evacuate and they are not to return until water/sewer/power has been restored.
- Buses are picking up residents throughout the city and taking them to city hall where they were being transported to evacuation centers.
- Stay away from the boardwalk - it is not safe.
- Emergency meals and water will be available at city hall and will also be made available throughout the community.
- A strict curfew will continue for resident safety from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. - no one should be on the street between those hours.
- 500 porta-potties are being placed throughout the city for emergency personnel.
- The city is working with all federal, state and other communities to ensure the safety and security of the city.