“The recovery center is a one-stop informational shop for eligible survivors where they can meet with both state and federal representatives in order to have their important questions answered,” said County Executive Mangano. “I encourage residents who have suffered loss due to Hurricane Sandy – regardless of extent – to register for assistance by stopping by the mobile Disaster Recovery Center, calling FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 or visiting www.DisasterAssistance.gov .”
FEMA’s Disaster Recovery Center is a readily accessible mobile office where applicants may go to receive guidance regarding disaster recovery, clarification of any written correspondence received, Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information, resolutions to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance, status of applications being processed by FEMA, as well as U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) program information.
The Nassau County locations and hours of operation of FEMA’s Disaster Recovery Centers are:
- Nassau Community College Student Union Building, 1 Education Drive Garden City, NY Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m,
- Long Beach Recreation Center and Ice Arena, 700 Magnolia Boulevard, Long Beach, Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Island Park Long Island Railroad Station Parking Lot, near Village Office, 127 Long Beach Road, Island Park, Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Westbury - New Cassel Community Center, 141 Garden Street Westbury, Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Uniondale - Mitchell Field Athletic Center, 1 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. Uniondale, Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Seaford - Cedar Creek Park Merrick Road, Seaford, Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Massapequa - Marjorie Post Community Center, 477 Unqua Road Massapequa, Monday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Services offered by Disaster Recovery Centers can include:
- Guidance regarding disaster recovery
- Clarification of any written correspondence received
- Housing assistance and rental resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA
The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EDT, seven days a week. Operators are multilingual.