It’s a Tuesday after a three-day holiday weekend and Patch returns with oodles of information and stories. What’s the buzz around town? We’ll keep you informed on everything from government doings to beach activities to pending Patch stories. Here’s what’s going on today:
1. The Long Beach City Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall. On the agenda is a resolution for the city to enter a contract with a bicycle rental-sharing company that was tabled at the previous meeting. At the first meeting each month, the council holds a good and welfare session for residents to adress the council on any government-related issues.
2. Long Beach's surfing schedule from July 4 to July 8 allows for surfing between Grand Boulvard and New York Avenue and at Tennessee Beach (Tennessee to Maryland). Check the schedule for permanent beaches, times and other information.
3. The BACH Jewish Center will hold a Mommy and Me toddler program at Franklin Boulevard beach every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. through July.
4. Later today on Patch, we'll post the first article of a two-part series on summer home rentals in Long Beach, our Viewfinder photo gallery of city scenes from Independence Day weekend, and #78 in our weekly series 100 Things To Do in Long Beach.
5. Long Beach radio personality Halftime Howie hosts his show Broadcasting On The Beach each Tuesday at 8 p.m. on AM 1240 WGBB. Howie will talk with a award-winning Russian film maker who he will collaborate with on a documentary film about Long Beach.
6. The annual Board of Education Reorganization and Regular Meeting is at 5 p.m. at the auditorium in Long Beach Middle School.
7. If you haven’t done so already, “like” Long Beach Patch on Facebook and "follow" us on Twitter: @Longbeachpatch. Note: We’re stepping up our daily use of Twitter to report more local information and breaking news, ask questions and otherwise further engage you, our loyal readers.