Visit Patch each weekday morning to find out five things you need to know about Long Beach for the day. Check out all the activities in the city Thursday:
1. St. Mary of the Isle Church holds the first night of its International Summer Fair starting at 6 p.m. at Monroe Boulevard and Park Avenue.
2. Long Beach's summer beach concerts continue with one of the series' most enduring acts, Joe Kane’s Big Band, performing at 8 p.m. at Neptune Boulevard beach. Later on Patch: a story on the early history of the concert series.
3. The Long Beach Recreation Department offers Beach Yoga for Children with Autism/Special Needs. Classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Grand Boulevard beach. Registration is ongoing for these $40 summer classes.
4. Movie-lovers listen up! Made in Dagenham will play at 1:30 p.m. at the Long Beach Public Library. This film chronicles the walk out of workers at the Ford Dagenham plant.
5. Enjoy the work of Long Beach photographer Scott Evers at Earth Arts at West Park Avenue throughout July. This photography exhibit features local Long Beach imagery, combined with natural habitats of long Island as well as creative photoshopped worlds.