Rise and shine, Long Beach! Here are five things you should know about what’s going on in the city before starting your Tuesday:
1. Today is Flag Day. According to the National Flag Day Foundation, this day commemorates the adoption of the stars and stripes as the flag of the United States on June 14, 1777. Coming up on Patch, a story about a Long Beach man born on Flag Day who posts American flags on the boardwalk and throughout the city.
2. Steve Adelson on Chapman Stick joins with Nydia "Liberty" Mata at Grillfire on West Park Avenue from 8 to 11 p.m. No cover. Food and drink.
3. The Long Beach Public Library will hold two crafts classes for children 3 1/2 and older from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 to 6:45 p.m., featuring a special Father's Day activity.
4. So you didn't get chance to log on to Long Beach Patch yesterday? Here's what you missed: We posted a story about the origins and early history of the boardwalk, a list of local job openings and a column on shopping for summer clothes in town.
5. Long Beach radio personality Halftime Howie hosts his show Broadcasting On The Beach each Tuesday at 8 p.m. Tune in on AM 1240 WGBB.