More sections of the new Long Beach boardwalk, from Neptune
to Monroe boulevards in the East End, were reopened to the public last week.
Long Beach Patch on Facebook.
"The final two blocks will stay closed as we work through larger punch list items and other safety issues," the City of Long Beach said in an announcement on Oct. 18, when the latest section was originally opened to Lincoln Boulevard, one block shy of Monroe.
The city stated that they would announce the
grand reopening of the entire boardwalk "in coming weeks."
Meanwhile, Patch learned from a public relations firm that works with the city that the announcement could come as soon as Friday, as a ceremony possibly involving high-ranking state government officials is in the works.
"That date may change depending on scheduling issues," Jake Mendlinger of the Great Neck-based firm Zimmerman/Edelson told Patch on Tuesday.