The National Guard is distributing self-heated emergency meals and cases of water provided by FEMA.
Olga Blanco lives on East Chester on the 100 block. Her home experienced severe flooding.
"I have ... diabetes," she said as she toted away cases of food and water.
Another man who lives in The Walks section said he ran out of food yesterday.
FEMA ran out of food by 2 p.m.
- PHOTOS: Hurricane Sandy - The Aftermath
- City Manager: Long Beach Under 'Extreme Flooding'
- Health Commissioner Orders Water-Consumption Ban in Long Beach
- Long Beach Water, Sewer Systems Out
- City Officials Focus on Getting Residents to Safety
- City Officials Offer Post-Hurricane Update
- Power Outages Preventing City from Communication More With Residents
Editor Joseph Kellard and reporter Joley Welkowitz is reporting live from City Hall.