.

LBFD Battles Fire at Atlantic Beach Home

The Long Beach Fire Department helped battle a laundry room fire at an Atlantic Beach home in which a German Shepherd perished and two people were injured late Wednesday, according to police.

Follow Long Beach Patch on Facebook.  

At 11:15 p.m. on Jan 23., a 60-year-old male Atlantic Boulevard homeowner was alerted by his 26-year-old son that the laundry room was on fire. The two men, along with a two women, ages 55 and 21, were able to exit the home, according to the Nassau County Police Department.

Firefighters brought the family’s dog out of the house, and LBFD 2nd Asst. Chief Robert Tuccillo attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, according to LBFD Chief Richard Corbett. However, the dog succumbed to its injuries.

The LBFD, along with the Lawrence-Cedarhurst and Inwood fire departments, responded to the scene and with eight trucks and 50 fire personnel and extinguished the fire, police said.

The homeowner suffered a minor burn to his forehead and was treated at the scene. A Long Beach firefighter sustained a minor back injury and was treated and released at a local hospital.

The fire has been deemed non-suspicious. The investigation is ongoing.

Be a Follower. Explore and subscribe to Patch groups. 
Tonto Hertzberg January 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news about the dog. I have no knowledge about the source of this blaze BUT............ALWAYS keep your dryer vent clean............also clean INSIDE the dryer between the lint catcher and the exaust vent. When I am sober i do that.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »