Antwan Brown, 24, of Long Beach was arrested and charged with attempted robbery and assault in West Hempstead on Nov. 25.
According to detectives, Brown was arguing with a 24-year-old woman while sitting in a car in the parking lot of White Castle, at 19 Hempstead Tpke., and tried to take her bag that contained $200, repeatedly hit her in the head and face and fled on foot at about 3:55 a.m. Thursday. A short time later, police officers located Brown and arrested him, but while in custody at the Fifth Precinct, Brown continually resisted verbal directions and struggled with officers, with one officer sustaining facial injuries, police said. The female victim was treated at the scene and the officer was treated at a local hospital and released.
Police charged Brown with second-degree robbery (attempted) and two counts of second-degree assault, and he was scheduled for arraignment at First District Court in Hempstead on Nov. 26.
- Joseph Losinno, 35, of Massapequa was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated and with a suspended license at Lido Boulevard in Lido Beach on Nov. 14.
- Raquel Herrera, 25, of Woodmere was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated at Lido Boulevard in Lido Beach after she was stopped for speeding and driving erratically on Nov. 13.
- An unknown suspect kicked out 12 sections of stockade fence at Ocean Boulevard and Freeport Avenue in Point Lookout on Nov. 10.
- A mailbox was taken from a home on Allevard Street in Lido Beach on Nov. 13.
- The owner of a 2010 Nissan Altima said that her car parked in the garage was used without her permission while she was away from home at Woodhall Street in Lido Beach on Nov. 11.