Officers from the Suffolk County Highway Patrol Selective Alcohol Fatality Enforcement Team (SAFE-T) were assisted by police officers from the Suffolk County Parks Police and Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police to conduct the patrol between 11:30 p.m. Friday and 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
The following people were charged with DWI:
- Douglas McCarthy, 26, of Patchogue
- Rafael Tejada, 22, of Ronkonkoma
- Stephanie Kawko, 22, of Medford
- Enoel Cruz, 31, of West Islip
- Thomas Tortorici, 33, of Long Beach
- Frank Montalvo, 44, of Farmingville
- Lance Martins, 31, of Deer Park
- Juan Campoverde, 37, of Patchogue
Jasheem Pulley, 19, of Amityville, was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and Wilson Lopez, 18, of Patchogue, was charged with driving while ability impaired by the combined influence of alcohol and drugs.
All of those arrested will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday.