The following is the agenda for the Long Beach City Council meeting scheduled for City Hall, 1 W. Chester St., at 7 p.m. Dec. 3:
1. Resolution Granting Waiver of Off-Street Parking Requirements Re: Premises 805 West Beech Street (street floor), Long Beach, New York.
Re: Hair Salon
2. Resolution Authorizing the City of Long Beach to Opt into and Become an Eligible Municipality Under the Superstorm Sandy Assessment Relief Act.
Legislative Memo: Legislation was passed by the New York State Senate and Assembly which will allow the City to offer tax assessment relief for owners of real property damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
3. Resolution Authorizing the Use of Funds from the City of Long Beach Relief Fund.
Legislative Memo: To provide a matching donation of up to $5,000 to help purchase holiday lights for the East End Business District.
4. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Purchase Various Chemicals for the Water Purification Plant from the Lowest Responsible Bidders.
Legislative Memo: This item is awarded on an annual basis giving the City the ability to purchase these chemicals on an as needed basis from the lowest responsible bidders.
5. Resolution Authorizing Publication for Hearing of an Ordinance to Amend the Code of Ordinances of the City of Long Beach
Re: Personnel Code.
Legislative Memo: To amend the amount of benefits afforded to future exempt employees. This item is on for publication only.
6. Resolution Authorizing Publication for Hearing of an Ordinance to Amend the Code of Ordinances of the City of Long Beach
Re: Water and Sewers.
Legislative Memo: This Article is being added to the City’s Code in order to reduce infiltration and inflow into the sanitary sewer system operated by the City, and groundwater and waterways, by requiring inspection, testing, repair, replacement and ongoing maintenance of privately owned sewer laterals within the City. This item is on for publication only.
7. Resolution Authorizing Publication for Hearing of an Ordinance Authorizing Financing for Payments by the City of Long Beach, Pursuant to the Award Dated May 29, 2013 in the Matter of the Interest Arbitration Between the Long Beach Police Benevolent Association, Inc. and the City of Long Beach, Stating the Estimated Total Cost Thereof is $6,500,000, Appropriating Said Amount Therefore, and Authorizing the Issuance of up to $6,500,000 Bonds of Said City to Finance Said Appropriation.
Legislative Memo: This bond issue is required to pay the mandatory retroactive salary payments pursuant to an arbitration award to the PBA, going back a period of five years that they were without a contract. This item is on for publication only.
8. Resolution Authorizing Publication of a Notice of Public Hearing of an Application to Waive the Off-Street Parking Requirements for Premises:
881 West Beech Street (street floor), Long Beach, New York.