Written by Rosemary Leonetti/Syntax
Seniors Anthony Cabasino and Juliana Zaharias were recently recognized as Outstanding Long Beach High School Physical Education Students of the Year by the The New York State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
Follow Long Beach Patch on Facebook.
The award is given to students who exemplify and demonstrate an understanding for the New York State Learning Standards for Health and Physical Education by:
- exhibiting a physically active and healthy lifestyle; demonstrating sportsmanship, character, civility and citizenship;
- demonstrating leadership and a positive influence on their peers;
- demonstrating value of a healthy lifestyle and lifelong learning;
- exhibiting exceptional achievement in physical education class;
- achieving a high level of fitness on an approved fitness test.