Find out what’s going on in Long Beach this week:
- Fall Festival: The City of Long Beach will hold the 17th annual Fall Festival on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Kennedy Plaza, at 1 W. Chester St., outside City Hall.
- Development Meeting: The City of Long Beach will hold a Local Development Corporation Meeting on Monday at 6:30 p.m. on 6th floor of City Hall.
- Insurance Seminar: The Touro Law Center, home of the Superstorm Sandy Disaster Relief Clinic, will hold a seminar for exclusively on the impending deadline for insurance claims at Lindell School, 601 Lindell Blvd. in Long Beach, at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The seminar is sponsored by Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano, Legislator Denise Ford of Long Beach and The Beach to Bay Central Council of Civics, an upstart organization acting as a central resource for civic associations on the barrier island.
- Halloween Parade: The City of Long Beach will hold the Halloween Costume Parade at the Recreation Fields at 12 p.m. Saturday. The rain date for the parade is Sunday.
- Armory Show Lecture: The Armory Show in 1913 became an important event in the history of American art, introducing astonished New Yorkers, accustomed to realistic art, to modern art. Lecturer Mary Vahey will take attendees back 100 years to view what was so shocking at the Long Beach Library, 111 W. Park Ave., at 2 p.m. Wednesday.