Here's what's going on in Long Beach this week:
- Here Come The Judges: The Long Beach Tea Party invite residents to meet the judicial candidates for the local 2013 election during the organization's regular meeting at the Long Beach Library, 111 W. Park Ave., at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- Zoning Board Meets: The Long Beach Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a meeting at City Hall, 1 W. Chester St., at 7 p.m. Thursday. Check out the agenda here.
- Blueshirts vs. City Officials: New York Rangers alumni and city officials will participate in a special exhibition hockey game, from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, a celebratory event that will follow a ribbon cutting, family skating session and free hockey clinic starting at 3 p.m.
- Walk for Suicide Prevention: Long Island Crisis Center will hold its fifth annual “Let’s Walk, Let’s Talk: Stepping Together to Prevent Suicide” on the boardwalk at Riverside Boulevard at 11 a.m. Sunday.
- Historic Lectures: The Long Beach Historical Society will give talk to acknowledge the city's restoration of the streets at the Red Brick District at 1 p.m. Sunday, followed by a talk on vintage garages, including the garage built at the Historical Society Museum, at 226 W. Penn St., the site of both lectures.
Follow Long Beach Patch on Facebook.