Here's what's going on in Long Beach this week:
- A lantern/candlelight vigil will be held at Kennedy Plaza, located outside City Hall at 1 W. Chester St., at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, the one-year anniversary of when Hurricane Sandy struck Long Beach.
- West End Neighbors Civic Association will spearhead a Bring Back the Vote to the West End Rally at West School, 90 Maryland Ave., at 6 p.m. Monday. The polling site at the school was closed and transferred to Lindell School for the general election Nov. 5.
- The Long Beach Board of Education will hold a regular meeting in the auditorium at Middle School, 239 Lido Blvd. in Lido Beach, at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- The West End Neighbors Civic Association will sponsor a candidates forum featuring the six candidates running for Long Beach City Council at The People’s Church, 111 Delaware Ave., from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
Pre-Election Day Tea
- The Long Beach Tea Party has invited candidates running in local and county elections to a meeting at the Long Beach Library, 111 W. Park Ave., at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
A Spooktacular Day
- Get your costumes ready. Halloween arrives Thursday.